WGM Engineering is one of Scotland’s leading engineering solution providers and performing responsibly is integral to our success and sustainability. We are committed to delivering projects and services whilst ensuring that we meet our customer and society needs, whilst managing the social and environmental impacts of our business. Since trading commenced in 1986, WGM has continued to develop its operations to adhere to the marketplace and client demand. This has been achieved by offering a unique and total service where Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering disciplines are provisioned under the one roof. Aligning our three disciplines and our strategically located service centres offers a total turnkey solution to clients countrywide and ensures we are the number one engineering company of choice.
We have a current requirement for a receptionist to join our business based at our head office in Glasgow. The Receptionist/Administrator is the first point of contact for all incoming visitors to WGM and is responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including greeting visitors, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail. The Receptionist/Administrator will also complete administrative tasks on behalf of the Procurement Team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Greet clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude
- Reception cover including answering the telephone in a polite, timely manner and accurately directing calls to the relevant parties
- Taking accurate messages and passing on to the relevant parties
- Helping maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary and maintaining visitor logs
- Dealing with the daily arrival and pick up of post, opening and stamping of incoming mail (both internal and external)
- Organising internal post to be distributed to the relevant office
- Managing assigned mailboxes daily ensuring that all mails are actioned in a timely manner or distributed to the relevant parties.
- Management of the stationery order, control of stock, keeping cupboards tidy and ensuring adequate supplies at all times
- Setting up and clearing down of meeting rooms
- Invoicing related duties that may include raising purchase orders and matching invoices with delivery notes
- Performing ad-hoc administrative duties as required
To be considered for this position you will have at least 1-2 years previous experience within a similar receptionist / administration role, you will possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of team.
To apply please send an update cv to the WGM recruitment team for further review.