We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our busy Commercial team as we continue to grow here at WGM. If you are interested in an opportunity to work within the Engineering industry and contribute towards the successful growth of the business, we would love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Manager, you will provide commercial support across all business streams concerning financial and contractual matters arising through the management of various contracts. Offering support to the Commercial team you will provide assistance to allow projects to be safely delivered on time and to budget.
- Maintain and enhance profitability and minimise risk by applying best commercial practice
- Ensure positive cashflow at all times
- Report on forecast outturn cost and value and manage change control
- Build and maintain professional relationships with both internal and external parties
- Prepare accurate monthly CVR forecasting of all projects
- Ability to review and challenge resources and costs compared with agreed budgets and forecasts
- Maintain deadlines according to monthly reporting calendar
What we are looking for:
- Degree qualified or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or equivalent experience
- Highly Competent in MS Excel and Word
- Able to interpret and understand contract documents, scopes of works and contract drawings
- Skilled in financial cost control, value recovery and change management
- Experience within the Construction and/or Engineering industry
- Detailed working knowledge of NEC3 Conditions of Contract
Why work for us:
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes: Flexible Working, Death in Service benefit, company sick pay and a company pension scheme, amongst others. There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
To apply please send an updated cv to the WGM Engineering recruitment team for further review.