WGM Engineering is one of Scotland’s leading engineering solution providers and performing responsibly is integral to our success and sustainability. We are committed to delivering projects and services whilst ensuring that we meet our customer and society needs, whilst managing the social and environmental impacts of our business. Since trading commenced in 1986, WGM has continued to develop its operations to adhere to the marketplace and client demand. This has been achieved by offering a unique and total service where Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering disciplines are provisioned under the one roof. Aligning our three disciplines and our strategically located service centres offers a total turnkey solution to clients countrywide and ensures we are the number one engineering company of choice.
We are currently looking to recruit Project Engineer with an Electrical bias to join our projects team based in Glasgow on a permanent basis.
As a Project Engineer, you will provide full project guidance and ensure that maintenance plans are developed and agreed as the overall work package evolves. You will also be responsible for preparing project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends before recommending actions to be taken.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake site surveys, taking measurements, photos, asking questions of operations, understanding of process, assessing access and egress.
- Write detailed and accurate Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS).
- Resolve technical and logistical issues as they arise.
- Supporting the sites’ needs, material, labour, resources and plant.
- Drive and lead procurement of materials through creation and review of bill of quantities.
- Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within the schedule.
- Attend client meetings.
- Liaise with clients.
- Regularly reporting projects progress and updates to Senior Management.
- Technical assessment of supplier quotations.
- Programme management: adherence to programmes and report to management on any discrepancies.
- Supplier management: Day to day liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors.
To be considered for this position you will have at least 2-3 years previous experience within a similar Project engineering role ideally within an engineering or similar industry background. You will be ideally qualified to degree level within a engineering discipline. A good understanding of water and waste water industry and processes is preferable. The Ability to write detailed reports and have a clear understanding of NEC form of contract is required within the role. Due to the nature of the role a full UK driving license is required as the will be travel to various sites across the country
To apply please send an update cv to the WGM engineering recruitment team for further review.