We are looking for additional Mechanical Engineers to join our teams who will be based on sites across the Central Belt. If you have previous mechanical fitting experience ideally on Scottish Water sites and are looking for a varied and challenging role in which there are real progression opportunities we would love to hear from you!
- 37.5 hour working week basic (40+ hours per week typically available)
- £17.70 per hour
- Permanent role
The overall purpose for the role is to deliver mechanical maintenance, refurbishment and new installation works including testing & pre-commissioning activities. The right candidate will have a sound knowledge of current regulations and WIMES specifications.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain, repair and install mechanical equipment for various private client sectors and Scottish Water sites
- Assist in working with our civil, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation technicians, commissioning engineers and site client operations staff
- Swiftly and comprehensively fault-find, rectifying problems on a variety of mechanical equipment including sewage pumps and valves and associated pipe work, air blowers, screens, filter equipment, tanks, tank bridges
- Identifying problematic plant and the subsequent faults and to take part in finding efficient solutions to return equipment to working order
- Actively taking part in risk assessments, COSHH assessment and all related Health and Safety issues, and demonstrate ability to interpret RAMS and prepare daily TSRA’s
- Providing information and on-site support for WGM teams, assisting interdepartmental teams as required
- Working onsite and travelling to and from site, often in challenging conditions
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to work
What we are looking for
- A fully qualified mechanical engineer
- CSCS Card (essential)
- Full UK Driving Licence (essential)
- Confined Space training (desirable)
- First Aid Trained (desirable)
- DOMS & Water Hygiene Card (desirable)
- Waste Water industry experience (desirable)
Why work for us
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all our employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, expanding benefits package which includes; increased annual leave entitlement depending on length of service, Employee Assistance Programme, Death in Service benefit and a company sick pay scheme amongst others. There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering, and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.