WGM Engineering is one of Scotland’s leading engineering solution providers and performing responsibly is integral to our success and sustainability. We are committed to delivering projects and services whilst ensuring that we meet our customer and society needs, whilst managing the social and environmental impacts of our business. Since trading commenced in 1986, WGM has continued to develop its operations to adhere to the marketplace and client demand. This has been achieved by offering a unique and total service where Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering disciplines are provisioned under the one roof. Aligning our three disciplines and our strategically located service centres offers a total turnkey solution to clients countrywide and ensures we are the number one engineering company of choice.
WGM Engineering have an excellent opportunity for a labourer to join our Engineering solutions team, the role will be based between our workshop in Livingston and various operational site across the central belt of Scotland.
As a Labourer you will report into the Fabrication Supervisor. You will be responsible for ensuring that site works are carried out efficiently in adherence to the required standards whilst adhering to company Health & Safety legislation.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Be competent in the use of small tools and driven plant holding the correct certification to complete the works
- Using hand machinery: drills, pumps and compressors
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / van sheets).
- Ensure you are briefed on RAMS for each job.
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- Maintain company HSEQ standards to ensure continued compliance with legislation and industry standards.
- Organises work well, planning effectively to meet deadlines.
- Assist in all workshop/site duties as deemed necessary.
- Work with all areas across the business to ensure compliance with processes and delivery of service.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and other equipment.
To be considered for this position you will have at least 1-2 years previous experience within a similar role ideally within an engineering background, the ideal candidate will have excellent work ethic and have the ability to work as part of team as well and on your own.
To apply please send an update cv to the WGM recruitment team for further review