Upon the award of a new long standing contract from Scottish Water we require electricians to join our Fixed Wire Testing workstream. The contract will initially run for 6 years and cover electrical inspections of approximately 2500 Scottish Water assets along with remedial works.
- 37.5 hour working week plus Travel Time
- Rate £17.70ph
- Laptop, Phone & Van with fuel card
- Relevant training available (confined space, water hygiene, Amtech/Napit ect)
As an Electrician in the Fixed Wire Testing workstream, you will be responsible for inspection and testing of installations along with production of relevant certification using Amtech or Napit software
What we are looking for?
Working as part of the electrical engineering team the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Team player who has knowledge of safe systems of work and have served a recognised industrial/commercial electrical Apprenticeship
- ECS card (essential)
- Experience of Scottish Water and/or industrial background (desirable)
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (essential)
- City & Guilds 2391 or 2394/5 Test and Inspection qualified (desirable)
- Driving Licence (essential)
- Basic IT skills, Outlook, Excel, word
- Understanding of electrical certification (training on specific software will be given)
Why work for us:
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all our employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, expanding benefits package which includes; increased annual leave entitlement depending on length of service, Employee Assistance Programme, Death in Service benefit and a company sick pay scheme amongst others. There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering, and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.