WGM Engineering is one of Scotland’s leading engineering solution providers and performing responsibly is integral to our success and sustainability. We are committed to delivering projects and services whilst ensuring that we meet our customer and society needs, whilst managing the social and environmental impacts of our business. Since trading commenced in 1986, WGM has continued to develop its operations to adhere to the marketplace and client demand. This has been achieved by offering a unique and total service where Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering disciplines are provisioned under the one roof. Aligning our three disciplines and our strategically located service centres offers a total turnkey solution to clients countrywide and ensures we are the number one engineering company of choice.
WGM Engineering have a number of opportunities for DSEAR Electricians working for our E&M division covering various sites throughout the Central belt of Scotland.
The successful candidate will be a time served electrician with a wide experience/understanding of sites layout & operation. You will be expected to demonstrate strong communication skill, read and understand electrical schedules/drawings;
Main duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience of ATEX Inspections & DSEAR regulations.
- Team player who has knowledge of safe systems of work and have served a recognised industrial/commercial electrical Modern Apprenticeship
- ECS card
- Experience of industrial electrical containment construction to current electrical regulation and WIMES specification
- CompEx EX01-04 (essential)
- CompEx EX05-06 (desirable)
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (essential)
- Experience of ATEX inspections & DSEAR regulations (essential)
- City & Guilds 2391 or 2394/5 Test and Inspection qualified (desirable)
To be considered for this position you will have at least 2-3 years previous experience of hazardous area inspections ideally within an industrial environment, the ideal candidate will have excellent technical skills and the ability to work as part of team as well and on your own initiative.
To apply please send an update cv to the WGM recruitment team for further review.