WGM Engineering is one of Scotland’s leading engineering solution providers and performing responsibly is integral to our success and sustainability. We are committed to delivering projects and services whilst ensuring that we meet our customer and society needs, whilst managing the social and environmental impacts of our business. Since trading commenced in 1986, WGM has continued to develop its operations to adhere to the marketplace and client demand. This has been achieved by offering a unique and total service where Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering disciplines are provisioned under the one roof. Aligning our three disciplines and our strategically located service centres offers a total turnkey solution to clients countrywide and ensures we are the number one engineering company of choice.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Commissioning Manager on a permanent basis to work within our Project division based in Glasgow.
The purpose of the Commissioning Manager role is to manage all site-based commissioning elements associated with multi-disciplined projects, on-time to fully satisfy customer requirements, specifications, quality standards, and client acceptance criteria.
- Produce commissioning plan and update as necessary.
- Identifying and chasing any sub-contractor commissioning plans for implementation in above.
- Prepare monthly project commissioning reports.
- Lead the team and deliver all commissioning matters.
- Develop commissioning strategies.
- Review Method Statements.
- Produce Commissioning Programmes working with the Planning Engineer.
- Actively drive the Commissioning process through its stages, highlighting where construction issues are preventing completion.
- Regularly monitor installations to ensure a good quality of installation is being achieved
- Stakeholder management throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage all testing requirements and witness / handover documentation (SAT, iSAT, FAT,
- Ensure Commissioning documentation deliverables are provided in line with client specification.
- Ensuring HSEQ standards are managed and promoted within the team
To be considered for this position you will have at least 3-5 years previous experience within a similar Level commissioning role, you will have an excellent working knowledge of electrical wiring requirements and regulations as well as Knowledge of NEC3 Construction & Engineering Contracts. The ideal candidate must be someone who can think on their feet and possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Due to the nature of the role a valid driving licence is required as travel to various sites is a requirement of the role.
To apply please send an update cv to the WGM recruitment team for further review.