We are now looking to recruit an experienced Civils Estimator to join our Projects Estimating Team based in either Livingston or Glasgow at an exciting time as we continue to grow. As the Civils Estimator you will join our multi-disciplined Estimating Team, you will be involved with various high value complex projects and be responsible for producing estimates to suit clients’ requirements.
Who we are looking for?
- Educated to a degree/HND level in Civil Engineering
- Driving Licence
- At least two years’ experience in preparing MEICA estimates
- A real team player with good time management, organisational and IT skills.
- A demonstratable ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information
What you’ll be doing?
- Preparing MEICA estimates from the bottom up against a wide and varied range of work scopes
- Reviewing and appraising supplier and subcontractor quotations
- Producing a basis of estimate, including the creation of assumptions, exemptions and identifying risk
- Estimating Project Risk Registers
- Communicate with Project Managers; Project Engineers; Technical & Design and Commercial personnel during the development of an estimate
- Preparing estimates that support contractual change control
- Reporting on clarifications, questions and any challenges after completing an estimate.
- Managing of both internal and external stakeholders
Why work for us:
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all our employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package including, Flexible Working, Death in Service Benefit, Company Sick Pay and access to an Employee Assistance programme amongst others. There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering, and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
We would ask that agencies refrain from making contact.