WGM Engineering is one of Scotland’s leading engineering solution providers and performing responsibly is integral to our success and sustainability. We are committed to delivering projects and services whilst ensuring that we meet our customer and society needs, whilst managing the social and environmental impacts of our business. Since trading commenced in 1986, WGM has continued to develop its operations to adhere to the marketplace and client demand. This has been achieved by offering a unique and total service where Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering disciplines are provisioned under the one roof. Aligning our three disciplines and our strategically located service centres offers a total turnkey solution to clients countrywide and ensures we are the number one engineering company of choice.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Chargehand on a permanent basis to work within our E&M Team based in Glasgow.
The overall purpose of this role is to supervise and lead site-based staff throughout their day to day work to achieve a programme of scheduled tasks as set out by the customer. This role will support the E&M Delivery Managers to drive service delivery which will be recognised by the client and ensure key performance targets and SLAs are maintained.
- Work closely with the E&M Delivery Manager on all site-based activities.
- To plan supervise the work of the E&M team and any sub-contractors to ensure work is completed to a defined standard.
- Proactively liaise with site engineers to priorities open reactive task completions.
- Promote and maintain safety and follow established work practices, whilst controlling environmental impacts and complying with legislative responsibilities.
- Day to day line management responsibilities for E&M craft persons including training, performance and timesheets etc.
- Responsible for daily delivery of site-based maintenance activities (MSTs, FOW, CSO etc.)
- Ensure adequate requirements are in place to deliver with zero incidents, on time, with zero defects and within customer compliance targets
- Support E&M Manager in day to day activities, achieve adequate understanding of role to deputise when required.
- Work with Engineering Planners to ensure access arrangements are in place and work bank service level agreements (SLA’s) are maintained.
To be considered for this position you will have at least 2-3 years previous experience within a similar Level role, Experience in safety management controls for construction works in general site conditions are essential for the role as well as a full UK driving license as travel to various sites is part of the role.
To apply please send an update cv to the WGM recruitment team for further review.