We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our busy Commercial team as we continue to grow here at WGM. If you are interested in an opportunity to work within the Engineering industry and contribute towards the successful growth of the business, we would love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Manager, you will provide commercial support across all business streams concerning financial and contractual matters arising through the management of various contracts. Offering support to the Commercial team you will provide assistance to allow projects to be safely delivered on time and to budget.
- Maintain and enhance profitability and minimise risk by applying best commercial practice
- Ensure positive cashflow at all times
- Report on forecast outturn cost and value and manage change control
- Build and maintain professional relationships with both internal and external parties
- Prepare accurate monthly CVR forecasting of all projects
- Ability to review and challenge resources and costs compared with agreed budgets and forecasts
- Maintain deadlines according to monthly reporting calendar
What we are looking for:
- Degree qualified or professional qualification accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or equivalent experience
- Highly Competent in MS Excel and Word
- Able to interpret and understand contract documents, scopes of works and contract drawings
- Skilled in financial cost control, value recovery and change management
- Experience within the Construction and/or Engineering industry
- Detailed working knowledge of NEC3 Conditions of Contract
Why work for us:
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes: Flexible Working, Death in Service benefit, company sick pay and a company pension scheme, amongst others. There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
To apply please send an updated cv to the WGM Engineering recruitment team for further review.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Estimator with an Electrical bias to join our Projects Team at an exciting time as we continue to grow. As the Electrical Estimator, you will be involved with various high value projects and will have responsibility for producing estimates in line with our clients requirements.
- Preparing Electrical estimates from a varied range of works
- Reviewing and appraising supplier and subcontractor quotations
- Producing a base estimate, taking into consideration any exemptions and identifying key risks
- Estimating Project Risk Registers
- Liaising with a number of stakeholder within the business – Project Managers; Project Engineers; Technical & Design and Commercial personnel to successfully complete the estimate development process.
- Preparing estimates that support contractual change control
- Reporting on any challenges post estimate completion
- Managing both internal and external stakeholders
What we are looking for?
- Educated to a degree/HND level in Electrical Engineering. Alternatively have a qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Experience of working within the Waste and Water industry is beneficial but not essential
- At least two years’ experience in preparing MEICA estimates
- A real team player with good time management, organisational and IT skills
- A demonstrable ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information
Why work for us:
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes:
- Hybrid Working arrangements
- Life Assurance
- Company sick pay scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme
- Annual recognition awards
There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
To apply for the vacancy please upload your updated cv to the WGM recruitment team for further review.
WGM Engineering is one of Scotland’s leading engineering solution providers and performing responsibly is integral to our success and sustainability. We are committed to delivering projects and services whilst ensuring that we meet our customer and society needs, whilst managing the social and environmental impacts of our business. Since trading commenced in 1986, WGM has continued to develop its operations to adhere to the marketplace and client demand. This has been achieved by offering a unique and total service where Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering disciplines are provisioned under the one roof. Aligning our three disciplines and our strategically located service centres offers a total turnkey solution to clients countrywide and ensures we are the number one engineering company of choice.
We have a current requirement for an Occupational Health advisor to join the business on a permanent basis, the role will be based within our Glasgow office on a hybrid working model. The post holder will provide advice, guidance and support to managers and staff and other outside organisations as required. You will participate in the assessment of staff and organisational needs, and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of Occupational Healthcare in conjunction with the Health, Safety and Wellbeing manager.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To develop and maintain occupational health services (Health surveillance, case management and wellbeing programmes) for WGM Engineering in accordance with relevant Government guidance and legislation, including guidance from relevant expert bodies and Occupational Health Best Practice.
- To plan programmes for caseload where necessary in compliance with relevant occupational health protocols and be responsible for teaching / promotional aids between departments and to external contracts.
- To maintain effective communication with clients, managers and other professionals to ensure service delivery.
- Provision of confidential supportive counselling for distressing / emotional circumstances such as work-related / personal issues or following traumatic events and refer on to Counsellor or Occupational Health Physician as necessary.
- To develop specialist programmes of Health Surveillance for WGM in compliance with current health and safety legislation, including OH follow-up and advice. Advise managers on the effective implementation of recommended measures to provide a safe system of work.
- Interpreting complex facts and situations relating to employment e.g. assessing/judging individuals’ suitability for employment / continued employment and return to work assessments in liaison with the Doctor or Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager in line with DDA and all other relevant legislation.
- To provide basic emotional support to distressed staff with referral to staff counselling or other appropriate agencies.
To be considered for this position you will have at least 2-3 years previous experience within an occupational health role either within the health service or similar industry provider, the ideal candidate will have the ability to critically reflect upon work practices and situations in order to improve practice and services to organisation’s and individual clients. You will be guided by, and interpret national and organisational policies within the context of OH practice to a local level.
To apply please send an update cv to the WGM recruitment team for further review.