We are currently looking for exceptional Project Manager(s) to lead on all matters relating to the successful delivery of your Project portfolio. The successful candidate will be the go-to person for everything involving the project life cycle from pre-planning and execution through to handover.
The purpose of the Project Manager role is to deliver all Projects on-time and to budget in order to fully satisfy customer requirements and to continually develop and improve project communication and performance aligning with Health & Safety rules and requirements.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality process and ensuring these are adhered to across the site
- Developing detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Manage the daily operations on site and ensure project timescales are met within a safe and accurate fashion
- Working closely with an internal multi discipline team across mechanical, electrical and civil disciplines
- Identifying any risks in the project and provide sufficient mitigation
- Provide necessary buildability input during the pre-construction phase
- Effective management and planning input to the overall programme interfaces with other projects and contribute in the co-ordination of third-party stakeholders as required
- Contribute and support to the effective management of construction projects, project deliverables and actions, including early planning for commissioning, handover, and final acceptance
- Ensuring all projects are commenced and completed to the quality standards and expectations of WGM and our clients
- Contribute and help to ensure that success throughout all projects is achieved by delivering the programme on time, with minimal delays that effect the pre-agreed completion dates.
- Work closely with allocated QS to ensure all commercial items are addressed and project is delivered within budgets
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualification at HND, Degree level or equivalent
- Background in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- Knowledge of construction management processes means and methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Valid UK Driving licence (essential)
Why work for us:
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes: Flexible Working, Death in Service benefit, company sick pay and a company pension scheme, amongst others. There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
We would ask that agencies refrain from making contact.