WGM Engineering is one of Scotland’s leading engineering solution providers and performing responsibly is integral to our success and sustainability. We are committed to delivering projects and services whilst ensuring that we meet our customer and society needs, whilst managing the social and environmental impacts of our business. Since trading commenced in 1986, WGM has continued to develop its operations to adhere to the marketplace and client demand. This has been achieved by offering a unique and total service where Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering disciplines are provisioned under the one roof. Aligning our three disciplines and our strategically located service centres offers a total turnkey solution to clients countrywide and ensures we are the number one engineering company of choice.
WGM have recognised the need for an IT Support Analyst to help bolster the existing IT & Digital Services team and provide additional IT service support provision across the business and will be based within our Glasgow head office The purpose of this role will be to act as the primary point of contact for all IT issues, and act as the interface between users and external service providers
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide 1st line support to all staff across all WGM locations. Liaise with external service providers on timely solutions.
- Coordinate with existing 3rd party service provider on new starts/leavers
- PC Device Management – manage the logistics involved in old device replacement & new device issue
- Software Management – manage non-standard software renewals, procurement & licensing as well as fault diagnosis & liaison with 3rd party vendors.
- Active Directory Maintenance – perform user detail changes when needed to maintain accuracy of this important resource
- PCs/Multi Function Devices/Smartphones – maintenance coordination, basic fault diagnosis, liaison with suppliers on fault resolution
- Peripheral item management – maintaining stock levels, issuing new items to staff and maintaining records
- Triage all reported phishing emails using KnowBe4 & PhishER.
- Licence portal – procurement of new software licences as and when needed
- Liaise with 3rd parties regarding old equipment disposal
To be considered for this position you will have at least 1-2 years previous experience within a similar IT position, you will possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of team. The ideal candidate will be capable of providing effective, high quality, responsive, customer orientated & professional IT telephony and desk based service.
To apply please send an update cv to the WGM recruitment team for further review.
We are pleased to announce an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Transformation Manager join our IT & Digital Services team as we embark on a continued period of growth here at WGM. This role is integral to help shape & deliver the Digital Change programme across the business as well as continue to develop WGM’s inhouse toolset & capabilities to self-deliver. In addition, this role will bolster the existing Business Analyst function within WGM and also provide strategic direction to the function going forward.
Reporting to the Head of IT & Digital Services, you will focus on the below key points:
- Develop and drive the company’s overall digital transformation strategy and roadmap
- Line manage existing Business Analyst resource
- Introduce best practice wherever possible and develop in-house digital capabilities to bolster WGM’s digital delivery capability.
- Review existing business processes and identify areas of improvement
- Work with key business stakeholders to demonstrate ‘the art of the possible’
- Effectively manage the delivery workload ‘pipeline’
- Drive the development & successful implementation of new fit-for-purpose digital solutions to improve operational efficiency and improve service levels
- Champion the need for sound business analysis and ensure that a best practice approach is incorporated across all projects delivering digital solutions
- Ensure that all digital solutions are able to be supported by the wider IT team & work with WGM inhouse training resource to agree on content
What we are looking for:
- Ideally hold a relevant degree or equivalent business experience
- Must have a demonstrable proven track record in successfully managing and implementing digital transformation projects or programmes
- A well-structured organised individual with sound planning skills and an ability to implement and track the plan
- Good knowledge of the role that process management and business improvement play in successful organisations
- An excellent communicator (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate both internally and externally
- Ideally hold a Business Improvement Certification such as lean six sigma black/green belt, Lean or equivalent
- Ideally hold Prince 2, PMP or equivalent project management experience
- Microsoft365 Work Management tools (Planner, Power Apps, Power Automate Power BI etc) – Expert level
- Microsoft365 Files & Content (Forms, Lists, OneDrive, SharePoint etc) – Expert level
Why work for us:
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes:
- Hybrid Working
- Death in Service benefit
- Company sick pay scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Annual recognition awards
There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
We would ask that agencies refrain from making contact..