Do you have Engineering, Technical, Design, or Project experience? If so, then we want to hear from you! Our projects typically involve design and construction activities across Mechanical, Electrical, Civil/Structural and CAD/BIM disciplines and across several sectors, including our Renewables business stream, where we are also enjoying great success in delivering Electric Vehicle Charging stations. Knowledge of ATEX equipment installation and inspection and/or DSEAR Hazardous Area Awareness, although not necessary, would be beneficial
Due to significant, long-term contract awards and in line with company growth plans, we are pleased to announce several exciting vacancies for Designers/Technicians/Project Engineers to join our successful Technical & Design team within WGM Engineering Ltd. Successful candidates will assist with the production of discipline-specific engineering design deliverables, as part of a dedicated team of designers, on a project-by -project basis. There will also be the requirement to liaise and work alongside our site-based construction teams, following designs from conception through to construction, commissioning, and completion, providing a wholly “cradle-to-grave” experience.
- Work within a team of Designers to achieve individual project design deliverables, in line with departmental and company goals
- Ensure that all design work is completed in compliance with all WGM QA Policies, Procedures and Specifications as necessary
- Attend sites when required to assist with carrying out surveys and data gathering
- Liaise with our CAD/BIM team to ensure design drawings and/or models are created/updated accurately and detailed to reflect the designs being produced, in line with any client stage gate approval dates.
- Undertake site-based design and engineering liaison activities ensuring designs are constructed to specification, fielding any queries and advising on remedial actions to resolve any emergent issues or clashes etc.
What we are looking for:
- Discipline specific technical knowledge and/or experience (Mech/Elec/Civil/CAD (BIM)/Renewables
- An eye for detail, methodical working and creative problem solving ability
- IT literate with knowledge of CAD and BIM etc. being advantageous
- Knowledge of ATEX equipment installation and inspection and/or DSEAR Hazardous Area Awareness, although not necessary, would be beneficial
- Effective communication to liaise with design team members, clients, contractors, and our own Construction Delivery teams
- Valid UK Driving Licence
Why work for us:
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all our employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package including, Flexible Working, Death in Service Benefit, Company Sick Pay and access to an Employee Assistance programme amongst others. There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering, and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
We would ask that agencies refrain from making contact.