We are pleased to announce an exciting new opportunity for a Temporary Works Manager join our Projects team as we embark on a continued period of growth here at WGM. The overall purpose of this role is to coordinate with all parties involved with the design and construction of our Temporary Works. Ensure that temporary works procedures are being adhered to from design through construction to on site completion and sign off. To support and advise on temporary works issues/procedures and strive for ways of continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will focus on the below key points:
- Ensure compliance with BS 5975 regulations at all times
- Build relationships with internal and external customers
- Building and develop the temporary works knowledge within the team
- Carry out competency checks within our own and external parties such as sub contractors
- Manage and help coordinate all Temporary Works activities/procedures for all projects
- Set up and chair Temporary Works pre-start meetings
- Conduct regular site audits and inspections on Temporary Works and compile reports on the findings
- Providing technical support when tendering for contracts
What we are looking for:
- TWC qualification
- Good understanding and knowledge of the BS 5795 regulations, CDM regulations, Health and Safety regulations and approved codes of practice applicable to TW
- Experience in the design and checking on some of the following formwork, falsework, scaffolding, site set ups, excavations, over pumping systems, temporary generator set up etc
- Varied experience of Temporary Works within the Construction industry
- CSCS/SHEA card
- SMSTS/SSSTS is desirable
- DOMs/Water Hygiene certification is desirable
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills including a working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Previous experience in Water/Waste Water is desirable
- Valid UK Driving licence
Why work for us:
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding rewards package which includes:
- Annual leave entitlement rising with length of service
- Death in Service benefit
- Company sick pay scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Annual recognition awards
There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
We are looking for additional Mechanical Engineers to join our teams who will be based on sites across the Central Belt. If you have previous mechanical fitting experience ideally on Scottish Water sites and are looking for a varied and challenging role in which there are real progression opportunities we would love to hear from you!
- 37.5 hour working week basic (40+ hours per week typically available)
- £17.70 per hour
- Permanent role
The overall purpose for the role is to deliver mechanical maintenance, refurbishment and new installation works including testing & pre-commissioning activities. The right candidate will have a sound knowledge of current regulations and WIMES specifications.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain, repair and install mechanical equipment for various private client sectors and Scottish Water sites
- Assist in working with our civil, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation technicians, commissioning engineers and site client operations staff
- Swiftly and comprehensively fault-find, rectifying problems on a variety of mechanical equipment including sewage pumps and valves and associated pipe work, air blowers, screens, filter equipment, tanks, tank bridges
- Identifying problematic plant and the subsequent faults and to take part in finding efficient solutions to return equipment to working order
- Actively taking part in risk assessments, COSHH assessment and all related Health and Safety issues, and demonstrate ability to interpret RAMS and prepare daily TSRA’s
- Providing information and on-site support for WGM teams, assisting interdepartmental teams as required
- Working onsite and travelling to and from site, often in challenging conditions
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to work
What we are looking for
- A fully qualified mechanical engineer
- CSCS Card (essential)
- Full UK Driving Licence (essential)
- Confined Space training (desirable)
- First Aid Trained (desirable)
- DOMS & Water Hygiene Card (desirable)
- Waste Water industry experience (desirable)
Why work for us
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all our employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, expanding benefits package which includes; increased annual leave entitlement depending on length of service, Employee Assistance Programme, Death in Service benefit and a company sick pay scheme amongst others. There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering, and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
We are now looking for experienced Site Managers to join our Projects team working on sites across the Central Belt. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with great ambitions for the future.
As a Site Manager, you will deliver all site-based construction elements associated with multi-discipline projects, on-time to fully satisfy customer requirements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a full understanding of the construction of electrical, mechanical and process elements of a projects. From the planning stage, through construction and up to commissioning.
- Providing construction resourcing planning and strategy at bid stage
- Contributing to development of construction phase H&S plans on winning bids
- Liaising with Project Managers to manage all EICA and Mechanical installation. This includes development of programmes, risk assessments and method statements, lifting plans
- Liaising with Client Operations Teams throughout the construction phase
- Receiving, managing and issuing drawings for construction at site level. Checking construction meets the requirements of design
- Working with Team Leaders to ensure safe, efficient compliant site delivery, with maximised resource utilisation
- Managing internal direct reports for all construction teams and sub-contractor on site activities
- Planning, provision of all documentation, resources, tools, materials, consumables H&S equipment, and transport, to ensure safe and efficient construction
- Managing Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) as required, including pressure testing of pipe including testing of all pipework and civil construction. Managing all applicable test equipment required for the delivery of an SAT ensuring all certification is available for review when requested
- Completing site audits & inspections as required ensuring the highest standard of quality is maintained
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in the Water Industry is desirable
- SMSTS 5-day course completion
- DOMS card for clean water applications is desirable
- Awareness of NEC3 Construction & Engineering Contracts is desirable
- Awareness of WIMES including Specification CESWI7 & Section 502 CESWI6 Amendment is desirable
- Awareness of the Electrical at Work Regulations 1989 is desirable
WGM are committed to supporting an inclusive work environment that empowers all employees without exception. We have a salary on offer that is competitive within the market, along with our expanding benefits package which includes: Flexible Working, Death in Service benefit, company sick pay and a company pension scheme, amongst others. There is also a chance of real internal progression within WGM Engineering and we can provide you with all the materials and support to achieve personal goals.
We would ask that agencies refrain from making contact.